Supporting Local Businesses Gives Back To The Community
More than big-box food chains and stores, local businesses are dependent on the support of their communities to stay afloat. This relationship, however, works both ways! Whether you’re looking for a place to eat or a place to get necessities for your home, supporting a local business or restaurant benefits you, too. Portland locals, when you’re deciding where to get tonight’s dinner or a gift for a friend, consider the benefits of turning to local, independently-owned businesses within your community.
Independent restaurants return more than two times as much money per dollar of sales than national restaurant chains.
How Does Supporting Local Business In Portland Benefit Everyone?
By supporting local businesses you are in turn supporting your local economy; significantly more money stays in a community when purchases are made at locally owned – rather than nationally owned – businesses. The U.S. Small Business Association and the U.S. Department of Labor report the positive impacts of small, independent business on local economies.
- Local businesses are more likely to utilize other local businesses such as banks, service providers, and farms.
- For every $100 you spend at local businesses, $68 will stay in the community.
- Independent retailers return more than three times as much money per dollar of sales to the community in which they operate than chain competitors. Independent restaurants return more than two times as much money per dollar of sales than national restaurant chains.
- Small businesses employ 77 million Americans and accounted for 65% of all new jobs over the past 17 years.
In addition to helping build the local economy, there are also notable intangible benefits that come from supporting businesses in your local community.
- Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors! They care about and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future.
- Local businesses are more accountable to their local communities and donate more money to non-profits.
- Supporting local businesses is good for the environment because they often have a smaller carbon footprint than larger companies.
Support Local Businesses When You Eat At Aybla Grill
When Portland locals are looking for a place to stop by for lunch or dinner, remember that Aybla Grill provides more than just the best Greek and Mediterranean flavors in Portland! We’re also a locally owned business. At Aybla Grill, we are incredibly proud to be part of the Portland community and we’re eager to provide a unique dining experience for our fellow people of Portland! We provide delicious and healthy Greek and Mediterranean dishes for our clients. Additionally, we make sure our menu has options for lunch and dinner regardless of your dietary restrictions. Our menu includes options for those on vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free diets! Aybla Grill is also one of the few local restaurants to offer halal foods. We welcome everyone!
Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors! They care about and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future.
Eat At Aybla Grill To Support A Local Business
Aybla Grill is proud to serve some of Portland’s best Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Our new Greek Mediterranean restaurant is open 6 days a week for both lunch and dinner with indoor and outdoor seating. You can find our restaurant location at 3003 SE Division St. Portland, OR 97202. Satisfy your craving for Greek and Mediterranean foods at Aybla Grill. Contact or call us at 971-328-2041 for catering.